Thursday, March 18, 2010

korea can be fun too!

this post is dedicated to my mother. she lovingly sends me photos of her and my family having fun without me in effort to get me to come home because she misses me. so, i thought i'd take some pictures of how much fun i was having in korea the same day i was not having fun with my family in yosemite.

loosely translated: korea is fun too! (han-guk-do ja-mi-is-a-yo!)

enjoying some afternoon instant hot chocolate with my co-teacher and friend, HeeJeon.

having fun practicing my so-ye (서예)- korean calligraphy. i'm taking a class at school.

studying korean.

that day i received my first "red card" essay! when my students are disobeying the rules i give them a yellow card (like soccer) and when they disobey the rules again they get a red card. and this red card means they have to write me an essay in korean about how they will follow the rules better next time. it's pretty funny that it's in korean though because i can't exactly read it.

studying a children's korean-english dictionary i stole from our school library.

see now, i wouldn't have been able to do all those wonderful things if i had been on vacation with my family in yosemite. i for sure missed out, but, hey- look at all the cool stuff they're missing out on not being in korea.



No comments:

Post a Comment